- Assists in researching and reporting on a variety of informational, operational and management issues.
- Produces analytical reports from the records management system.
- Responsible for filing and management of various records for the Office of the Chief of Police.
- Assists the Chief of Police, Executive Officer and Director of Administrative Services as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the EPD Staff.
- Collects and processes information required for the preparation of the monthly Uniform Crime Report (UCR) for submission to the Maryland State Police UCR Section.
- Executes court ordered expungements, notifies FBI and CJIS, pulls associated arrest data, photos and signs and returns the Certificate of Compliance to the respective courts.
- Provides accurate information or copies of records to law enforcement agencies, courts, State’s Attorney’s Office, Office of the State Medical Examiner, other governmental agencies and the public consistent with Maryland law.
- Administers and maintains police records, citations, reports, and sensitive material.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to interact with others in a courteous manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion in providing sensitive information to inquiries and maintain confidentiality of information provided.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week, with occasional overtime. Must be able to occasionally work flexible hours including some nights.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED. Associates’ Degree or higher from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
Please email (button on left) or FAX (410-398-3645) your resume to Mr Jeff Tuer. The employment application is available using the button on the left. Mr. Jeff Tuer can be reached by phone at (410) 398-4201 Ext 18.
Provide professional records clerk support to the Elkton Police Department (EPD). An EPD record clerk produces analytical reports from the records management system, files, collects, processes and manages information required for submission to the Maryland State Police UCR Section. Accomplishes court ordered actions. Provides accurate information or copies of records to law enforcement or governmental agencies. Administers and maintains police records, citations, reports, and sensitive material. various records for the EPD staff. Performs other tasks as assigned by the EPD Staff.
Department: Elkton Police Dept
Classification:Full time / Non-sworn / Non-Exempt
RECORDS CLERK - Overview